Welcome to #WeAreDementiaStrong. This is where we invite you into our ‘Virtual Home.’ Each time you visit us, whether you are a person living with dementia or a family/professional care partner, we will share our personal experiences and perspectives, educational information, and other resources that assist us in creating our own life worth living. We hope by sharing that you too can create your own life worth living.
A Life Worth Living with Dementia
Our Resources for Persons Living with Dementia and Care Partners include:
- Educational opportunities
- Live presentations for persons living with dementia and their care partners (family and professional)
- Interviews with Brian LeBlanc and Maureen Rulison, as well as leaders in the field of dementia, person-focused care, aging in place, and all issues that interest and affect the people that are walking our same journey
#WeAreDementiaStrong needs your help.
Give the gift of dementia advocacy, education and support.
Your donation will help us help persons living with dementia and their care partners with a life worth living.
What Does Our WeAre#DementiaStrong Logo Mean?
- Purple represents the color of Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness.
- The heart represents the love we have for all persons living with dementia and their care partners. It also honors the love that exists between those same people.
- “Strong” because society, as a whole, thinks of persons living with dementia as weak, needy and incapable. We fight against this myth and stigma.
- “Strong” because whether you are a person living with dementia or a family/professional care partner, you have more strength than you know and need a consistent refilling of that strength.
- “We” means all of us-working together toward a common goal, and a world that understands and embraces people of all abilities